Friday, October 22, 2010

Cookie

What does this:





Have to do with baking, you say.

Okay, so the past couple of months I have been making cupcakes for my husband's co-workers.  One day, my husband comes home handing me a piece of paper with a recipe written on it. Apparently, one of his co-workers wanted to see if I could make this cookie recipe.  A Maple Bacon cookie recipe, of all things!

I have to admit, I was very curious how it would taste but at the same time I was wary about recipes with weird recipes like these.  Not because I don't like experimenting with different flavors, but it called for ONE POUND of bacon!  I mean, I am one of those people who believe in the saying "bacon makes EVERYTHING taste good", but come on, ONE POUND?!  So, to make myself feel a little better I decided to only make 1/2 of the recipe (which meant I only needed 8 ounces of bacon). Doesn't sound and feel as bad than using 1 Pound of bacon.

Before baking:
(The bacon needed to be cooked and crumbled first which made the whole process a little longer) other than that it was a pretty easy and straight-forward cookie recipe.
After baking:
I have to say, it was very good! The recipe was almost like a sugar cookie and the bacon gives the cookie the bacon-salty taste that complement the maple flavor of the cookie. YUM! Bacon DOES make everything taste better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment